Creating RAID Dell PowerEdge 2950 With SATA HDD

Hi guys, the first thing that I want to say is that this lab isn't recommended for production use. This post is just for lab purpose. Usualy server using SAS HDD even so there is also some server using SATA technology. Actualy SAS and SATA has same pin on their port. That's why I try to insert my laptop hdd to my lab server. and it's can be readed by controller. I don't dig deeper about this technology maybe if some of you know about this can write comment down bellow.
Maybe some of you wondering whether SAS hdd can be replaced using SATA hdd? so the answer is yes it's supported SATA HDD.

We move to other topic, now that you are already understand that SATA is supported and here I want to share how to configure virtual disk or RAID on PowerEdge 2950 because it's very old server and I already handle this kind of server very long time ago and I has this 2 server for my lab and another server more.

Here is how to configure :
At ther first time boot waiting until you asked to pres CTRL+R to entering RAID configuration, It's will enter into RAID Config
Move to PD Mgmt to see the physical disk CTRL+Tab
Back to VD Mgmt and pres enter to "No configuration present!"
Type the VD Name and actualy you can create how many size of disk that you want to use. Tab and select OK
Now your VD already created!
Since it's a new VD so you will be asked to initiate them. Pres F2 and select initiate


Tulis komentar anda... Conversion Conversion Emoticon Emoticon

Thanks for your comment